Rose’s interest in the control of DNA replication began during her B.Sc. in Biochemistry (Year In Industry) at the University of Leeds. Rose spent her industrial placement in the Target Validation Department at GlaxoSmithKline, Stevenage, and her final year project in Dr Ian Wood’s lab, investigating the transcriptional regulator REST in breast cancer. For her PhD she moved to Prof Dawn Coverley’s lab at the University of York, working on the temporal and spatial organisation of DNA replication, particularly in relation to the nuclear matrix, and the DNA replication protein CIZ1.
Moving to the University of Oxford, Rose completed a postdoc with Prof Catherine Green investigating the molecular mechanisms underlying a recently discovered DNA repair disorder, caused by a mutation in the DNA replication factor PCNA. In 2017, Rose joined the Nieduszynski lab applying existing skills to studying the control of DNA replication timing and learning new skills using whole genome sequencing technologies.
- Batrakou, DG, Müller, CA, Wilson, RHC, Nieduszynski, CA. DNA copy-number measurement of genome replication dynamics by high-throughput sequencing: the sort-seq, sync-seq and MFA-seq family. Nat Protoc. 2020;15 (3):1255-1284. doi: 10.1038/s41596-019-0287-7. PubMed PMID:32051615 .
- Kedziora, S, Gali, VK, Wilson, RHC, Clark, KRM, Nieduszynski, CA, Hiraga, SI, Donaldson, AD. Rif1 acts through Protein Phosphatase 1 but independent of replication timing to suppress telomere extension in budding yeast. Nucleic Acids Res. 2018;46 (8):3993-4003. doi: 10.1093/nar/gky132. PubMed PMID:29529242 PubMed Central PMC5934629.
- Wilson, RHC, Coverley, D. Transformation-induced changes in the DNA-nuclear matrix interface, revealed by high-throughput analysis of DNA halos. Sci Rep. 2017;7 (1):6475. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-06459-7. PubMed PMID:28743923 PubMed Central PMC5526987.
- Ridings-Figueroa, R, Stewart, ER, Nesterova, TB, Coker, H, Pintacuda, G, Godwin, J, Wilson, R, Haslam, A, Lilley, F, Ruigrok, R, Bageghni, SA, Albadrani, G, Mansfield, W, Roulson, JA, Brockdorff, N, Ainscough, JFX, Coverley, D. The nuclear matrix protein CIZ1 facilitates localization of Xist RNA to the inactive X-chromosome territory. Genes Dev. 2017;31 (9):876-888. doi: 10.1101/gad.295907.117. PubMed PMID:28546514 PubMed Central PMC5458755.
- Wilson, RH, Biasutto, AJ, Wang, L, Fischer, R, Baple, EL, Crosby, AH, Mancini, EJ, Green, CM. PCNA dependent cellular activities tolerate dramatic perturbations in PCNA client interactions. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;50 :22-35. doi: 10.1016/j.dnarep.2016.12.003. PubMed PMID:28073635 PubMed Central PMC5264654.
- Wilson, RH, Hesketh, EL, Coverley, D. The Nuclear Matrix: Fractionation Techniques and Analysis. Cold Spring Harb Protoc. 2016;2016 (1):pdb.top074518. doi: 10.1101/pdb.top074518. PubMed PMID:26729911 .
- Wilson, RH, Hesketh, EL, Coverley, D. Preparation of the Nuclear Matrix for Parallel Microscopy and Biochemical Analyses. Cold Spring Harb Protoc. 2016;2016 (1):pdb.prot083758. doi: 10.1101/pdb.prot083758. PubMed PMID:26729903 .
- Copeland, NA, Sercombe, HE, Wilson, RH, Coverley, D. Cyclin-A-CDK2-mediated phosphorylation of CIZ1 blocks replisome formation and initiation of mammalian DNA replication. J Cell Sci. 2015;128 (8):1518-27. doi: 10.1242/jcs.161919. PubMed PMID:25736292 .
- Hesketh, EL, Knight, JR, Wilson, RH, Chong, JP, Coverley, D. Transient association of MCM complex proteins with the nuclear matrix during initiation of mammalian DNA replication. Cell Cycle. 2015;14 (3):333-41. doi: 10.4161/15384101.2014.980647. PubMed PMID:25659032 PubMed Central PMC4615129.
- Wilson, RH, Coverley, D. Relationship between DNA replication and the nuclear matrix. Genes Cells. 2013;18 (1):17-31. doi: 10.1111/gtc.12010. PubMed PMID:23134523 PubMed Central PMC3564400.